Location : Badulla
The school is located just 30 min away from our volunteer house in Badulla. There are 130 kids at the age group between 5 years to 18 years. The volunteers can engage with following main activities but not limited to :
1. Arranging the class room
2. Assisting local teachers carrying out academic activities
3. Playing with the kids
4. Singing and Dancing (Visual and performance arts session)
5. Help deaf student with computer awareness sessions
Expect to work side by side the local teacher at school, but sometimes you will leave alone, so your initiative and confidence are really important.
** The transportation from volunteer house to project location is included in the program.
• Project length: From 1 weeks to 12 weeks
• Project dates: Except the months of April/ August and December
• Arrival airport: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport
• Accommodation: Local host family/ Volunteer house
• Requirements: Good knowledge in English , understanding special teaching techniques would be an added advantage (sign language ..etc)
• Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Program starts and ends in Badulla
• Airport meet and greet in Airport meet and greet in Colombo Bandaranaike Airport. Recommended arrivals ONLY during weekends. Transfer to the project location by train , which is one of the beautiful train journey.
• Monday to Friday volunteering except public holidays.
• Weekends free to sightseeing and morning free to explore the city
• Typical shift work hours are 02.30 pm to 17.30 pm
• Support: Coordinator support 24/7 during placement
• Departure: Volunteers should arrange by themselves