Location : Galle
Take part in the Great Turtle Project in Sri Lanka as a turtle volunteer and have a hand in the conservation of the country’s beautiful sea turtles
Working with the sea turtle hatchery.
You will be involved in one or more of these activities such as giving tours, sweeping or tidying and cleaning sea turtles, feeding sea turtles, burying the eggs, digging up, checking hatchery dates.
You will also be involved in releasing baby sea turtles (frequency depends on number of hatchlings).
Community outreach activities on every Friday (Teaching English / Coconut Leaf Weaving /Sports )
** The transportation from volunteer house to project location is included in the program.
• Project length: From 1 weeks to 2 weeks
• Project dates: Throughout the year
• Arrival airport: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport
• Accommodation: Local host family/ Volunteer house
• Requirements: Good knowledge in English.
• Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Program starts and ends in Galle
• Airport meet and greet in Airport meet and greet in Colombo Bandaranaike Airport. Recommended arrivals ONLY during weekends.
• Monday to Friday volunteering except public holidays
• Weekends free to sightseeing and afternoons free to explore the city
• Typical shift work hours are 08.30 am to 11.30 am
• Support: Coordinator support 24/7 during placement
• Departure: Volunteers should arrange by themselves